Thursday, September 18, 2008

Japanese Cultural Day..

Heyy!!! Today was "Japanese Cultural Day". What that? hmm.. its a celebration to spread the japanese culture, gain new knowledge and make new frenz! So this is the first time we are having this celebration over here.. and MY SCHOOL was the one to host it... WOW!!!! XDD!!!

I know how it feels man!!! Well.. since i am a member of the jap club in skool.. i get to help out. I was in-charge of a stall that sells food (kakiyage)~ smtg like tempura. Hmm actually the head of the stall was afiqah.. but she was too buzy wanting to check out all the other stalls.. and .. Lets just say she didnt have a clue on what we are suppose to do...

240

(that is her *Afiqah*~taking a picture in a yukata : a stall they had in the festival)

Sensei was too buzy with other things too.. so her sister came to help us.. I was also helped by my other teacher (Pn. Lee) and her sister.. plus a couple of other student!!! First, we cut all the vegetable, potatoes and pumpkins. Then we make a batter with flour, ice cubes, egg and cold water. next, we heat up the oil in a frying pan. While the oil is beaing heated up, we mix the cut vegetable with the batter a little by a little... After that, we fry it into tiny pieces.. and WALLA its ready to be sold!!!

Phew.. that whole day i was working and working and working my ass off!!!! I just went through the other stalls for a brief moment.. then came bak and helped! At the end.. most of the other students had to go bak. I stayed and helped my teacher clean it all up with the help of another girl!!! It was an awesome experience.. i became even more closer to my teacher, met a few jap ladies, and make new frenz!!!! I came bak home feeling really tired.. and was flat on the bed before i know it!!!!

No comments: